Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One A Day

I found a crochet project that I simply can not pass up.  I still consider myself a beginner at this craft but I am going to jump into this feet first.  The project is hosted by Carole at a wonderful blog called Gingerbread Girl.  The idea is to make an element of a large crochet project per day; thus One a Day.  What's extra nice about this project is that there is a group on Ravelry (another new and fun place for me) and I can see all the wonderful and creative people taking part in this.  People are doing ripples and flowers and hexagons and just a wonderful, colorful plethora of creativeness.  It almost made me feel like my simple stripes are a little boring.  I got over that fast, though.  My husband and I both still love this blanket I am making for our bed - and that's what counts.

About said blanket: Originally, I was doing stripes (two rows of each color) of white, light blue, green and purple.  I completed that pattern twice and my husband asked me to add black to the motif.  I agreed, considering it is for our bed, but a bit reluctantly.  Guess what? I LOVE the addition of the black.  So now, the pattern of the stripes will continue to be white, blue, green, purple, white, blue, green, purple, black.  At this time I am thinking the border will be black, as well.

For some reason, I am not able to add pictures at this time.  I will have to do so in a future post about this blanket and One a Day.  Oh yeah, I am using Lion Brand's Hometown U.S.A. yarn and an 'N' (9mm) crochet hook.

Editing to Add: I forgot how long it takes to do one row on this monster blanket.  LOL So, instead of two rows each day - it will literally have to be one row per day.

Also, for some reason, my commenting abilities are sporadic on Blogger.  I have no idea why that is but it's definitely annoying! LeeAnn, I love the colors of the Hometown U.S.A. yarn and started using this brand for this blanket and one each for my daughters.  I can honestly say that I won't use it again on a large project.  The yarn gets sucked up way too fast! It's great for smaller projects, though.

6 comments:

LeeAnn Purtha said...

How is Hometown USA yarn? I always check it out but haven't actually bought it yet. Can't wait to see pictures!

Love,
LeeAnn

Carole said...

Really looking forward to seeing photos of your project.

Thanks for joining in with One a Day :)

Deb Hickman said...

I look forward to seeing your project, I'll be joining in with the fun from next week. Deb xxxx

* said...

Looking forward to seeing your strip soon. Just a thought on your blogging comments, if it is the same thing I had a problem with (as in it says you are unable to comment when you try and that you need to sign in which doesn't work either) you could try what I did which appears to work, by signing out of blogger and deleting all the temporary cookies (it is somewhere at the pull down words at top of screen under Internet options, sorry on iPad so can't remember what it was) anyway, if this is not the problem you've been having this prolly makes no sense at all! Sorry. Happy striping!

Nicole said...

Good for you! Make the project you want, not what you think others want to see (not that we can see it though hehe)

I upload all my photos to flickr, it's reall easy to link back on blogger and doesn't take as long either x

Sheery said...

Bloggers being nice to me today. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies.

Faith - I'll try your suggestion of deleting the cookies as that is exactly the message I get about needing to sign out, etc.

I'll have pictures of my striped blanket up in the Tallies post for Tuesday. And I'm possibly going to add another One-a-Day project. :)