Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easter Crafting


I love Easter and Spring and every thing about this time of year! For some reason though, I feel like Easter has crept up on me this year.  I can't believe it's only twenty-five days away.  I decided I wanted to create some Spring/Easter items for my daughters and our home.  Quite conveniently, I then discovered that there is to be a Crafty Easter Linky Party at Crea in the City.  Naturally, I want to take part.  Feel free to visit her blog and sign up if this appeals to you, as well.

And now, here is my first attempt at a crocheted Easter egg.  Which, by the way, I found at Julie-k.


I have to say that I wasn't sure about the way this pretty blue egg looked.  Then, Miss O, my beautiful firstborn, asked, "Mommy, why are you making an Easter egg?"

I literally squealed at her question and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind just a bit.  When I explained that I was pleased she could tell it was actually an Easter egg she shrugged and just said, "Okay."

I will definitely be making more of these cute eggs.  I think what they need is more polyfill in order to appear more like an egg to my eyes.  In addition to the eggs, I am going to make Easter baskets for my girls and some pretty Spring time place mats for our kitchen table.  I really dislike our table so I'm hoping the vibrant mats will pretty the table up dramatically.  They will be something to include with the Pretty Crafty Home project, too.