Monday, December 31, 2012

Possibility

As we say goodbye to 2012, I am so thankful for this year.  There have definitely been some challenges to it.  However, I believe the trying times make the peaceful times all the sweeter.  As always, I am so thankful for my husband and our two beautiful, sweet, talented, head strong daughters.  My husband says I am the glue of our family but it is their love that helps me hold it all together each and every day.

In just a handful of hours we begin 2013 and I am thinking about the possibilities ahead in a very hopeful way. I hope my family continues to be healthy.  We are making a huge lifestyle change and converting to clean eating.  I really hope this transition goes smoothly because I really believe in it and fortunately, so does my husband.  I am also strongly considering selling my handmade items.  This is something else my husband really believes in and that loving support is huge for me.  I am also really, really hoping that this is the year I finally get published as a writer.  I stay positive on that front and have to believe that counts for something.

Finally, I am very excited about all of the other artistic possibilities of 2013.  I have a friend who gave me items to learn to knit.  I'm going to take that on.  Also, once I finish the afghan (that happens to be for the same friend) I am making my daughters new afghans.  They each have one that were actually my second and third ever made blankets.  It's nice that they love the blankets but they are riddled with beginners mistakes.  While I am happy with how far I have come as a crocheter and see those early blankets as a sort of learning curve - I want my girls to have afghans that are well done.

So, this group of colorful yarn definitely speaks of possibility to me:

These are the colors that the girls have chosen for their new blankets.  They both want hearts so I am on a mission to find just what they want in order to make what I hope will be the most awesome afghans for them.

What possibilities are you looking forward to for 2013?

Happy New Year to all!