Monday, May 28, 2012

Granny Square Afghan CAL

I decided, rather on a whim, actually - to participate in a summer CAL (Crochet-a-Long).  This is a first for me but I am excited.  The Granny Square Sampler Afghan CAL is being hosted at WiseCraft and anyone can join in at any time during the summer event.  As I am attempting to make a few afghans for Christmas presents - this seems like a great way to work on this lofty aspiration.  You do notice that I said attempting to make, right? I've got myself on a schedule and I'm hoping for the best but we'll see where I'm at come December.  I do believe that this CAL will help me achieve the Christmas goal, though.

Anyway, I'm very excited to get started with this.  Fortunately, it just started on May 18th and it's a weekly thing so I'm not far behind at all.  Oh, and thank you to Casey at Plus 3 Crochet for posting about her involvement in this CAL.  That's where I learned about this.  So, if you decide to participate, please let me know! One of the things I'm really looking forward to is seeing the progress of other participants.